Commercial Real Estate Law
Jones Cork, LLP has extensive experience in every facet of commercial real estate transactions. From conception of a transaction to its closing, attorneys with our firm go well beyond the typical duties of due diligence and document preparation. Our experience allows us to help our clients foresee and avoid costly problems.
Commercial real estate services provided by our firm include:
- Negotiation and preparation of contracts for the sale and purchase of real estate interests
- Furnishing title services, including providing title insurance commitments and policies as the agent of Chicago Title Insurance Company
- Assisting buyers in carrying out due diligence review responsibilities under sales contracts, including survey, environmental and governmental approval issues
- Negotiation and preparation of commercial leases on behalf of landlords and tenants, including office, multi-family and retail leases
- The formation of appropriate entities for the purpose of holding title to land and improvements.
- Zoning and land use matters
- Review of contracts and related matters for the construction of improvements and development of real estate projects, including agreements with contractors, architects, engineers, brokers and other providers of services
- Representing landowners and developers in connection with dealings with the federal Environmental Protection Division and the Georgia Environmental Protection Division
- Furnishing advice and litigation services in connection with a wide range of commercial real estate issues, including breach of contract, landlord/tenant, and lender/borrower issues
- Representing lenders and borrowers in connection with all aspects of construction and permanent financing
- Negotiation and preparation of management agreements, restrictive covenants, easement agreements, condominium documents and a wide variety of other agreements relating to the development of real estate
Representative clients in this practice area include Ameris Bank, BASF Catalysts, LLC, Bibb County School System, Capital City Bank, Branch Banking and Trust Company, CB&T Bank of Middle Georgia, Georgia Power Company, Georgia Transmission Corporation, Green Group Holdings, LLC, KaMin LLC, Moore & Murphey Properties, LLC, Perlis Investments, LLC, State Bank and Trust Company.